Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Receiving End





Today one of my friends called.  She asked if I was going to be home.  I told her I would all day.  I figured that she wanted me to watch her little boy.  Pretty soon she showed up in my drive way.  She came to paint.  She brought our other friend  with her.  They didn't have to do it, but they did.  I didn't expect that the painting, the wains coating put up, the exhaust fan painted, or the lenoleum would be cleaned until after the baby was born.  But these two angels, and eventually three swooped in and helped for two full days.  This meant so much more to me than an updated kitchen.  I am so grateful for friends.
Update*
My dear friend in the pink shirt is named Kalli.  She passed away yesterday.  Whenever I would go to talk to her she would say with a huge smile, "Hi sweet lady, what can I do for you?"  She was constantly serving others.  I will miss her until we meet again.  Her example of love and service has blessed many peoples lives including mine.  I love you Miss Kalli.

No comments: