Monday, January 5, 2009

...will be boys...

OK, I posted earlier today, so don't miss that one, but we can call this part 2. Today, I was looking forward to Seths return from school. At about 3:20-his normal arrival time, we went and waited by the door. Then at 3:25 he still wasn't home. I started to worry a little, and decided to walk down the street to see if I saw him. I didn't so I went to the neighbors who give him a ride home from the bus, to see if he was chillin' there. He wasn't and they didn't send their little girl to school today, because she was sick, so they didn't know anything about him. So mild panick started to set in. I went to my next door neighbors house and asked if she could watch my little boys while I searched for him, on foot. Then I decided to walk to the end of the road and look for him at the bus stop just in case he might be there playing. As I was on my way to the bus stop, Kumba, the lady who usually gives him a ride called me. She asked if I had found him yet, and I said no. Then she said she had called one of the other parents at the bus stop, and they had not seen him either. In fact, their kids didn't remember seeing him on the bus. Now, I was out of ideas. I tried to call the school, but couldn't get through their automated system to talk to a real person. I decided I needed to find a ride to the school. Just then one of our neighbors drove by and pulled into her drive way. I ran over to her car and asked her if she could give me a ride to the school. She said she would so I jumped in. Just as we were backing out of her drive way, She noticed Seth running up the road towards home. I thanked her for her kindness, and jumped out of the car to get Seth. This is at 3:52 32 minutes of shear panick!
This is his story.
He was riding the bus home, and he sat in the back by his friend. The bus driver didn't see him on the bus and he forgot to get off at the stop. So, when Seth told the bus driver what had happened, the bus driver said that he would make the usual rounds, and when everyone else was off the bus, he would take Seth back to his stop. How can you be mad at the poor little guy. Now, I was a little upset with the bus driver. I wished that he would have radioed in to the school and had them call me or something. I sent his teacher an email letting her know, and asking her to help me come up with a back up plan, in case this happens again. I don't think I can handle this kind of helpless panick again!
So, I came home and thanked my neighbor and took her home-She is 85. Then on the way home the flood gates opened and I couldn't help but shed some tears. Thank you Heavenly Father for watching my boy and sending so many helping hands! Thank you that Seth wasn't kidnapped or lost or hurt or scared! And thank you that it is over! These were the thoughts going through my head as my little Setherdoo skipped up the drive way. Another day in the life of this crazy mother in Zion :)

1 comment:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Oh man, the bus sounds like such a scary place - I won't do it, I can't do it; okay I probably will... though not til next year!!! AHHHHHHH! :)