Thursday, November 12, 2009

Re-reading the conference talks

Well,
I got out my conference Ensign today and began reading. I only got through the first talk and half of the second. I couldn't help but thinking of the excitement and tears flowing when people from those areas heard they would have a temple close to them. 83% of the members of the church are within 200 miles of a temple. Wow!! We are so blessed to live in this time, when we can have temples among us. Now, if we could only use them as much as the Lord has intended for us to.
The second talk is from Elder Richard G. Scott. Rereading it this time, I know that these words are meant for me. So here is a little quote...
Throughout the ages, many have obtained guidance helpful to resolve challenges in their lives by following the example of respected individuals who resolved similar problems. Today, world conditions change so rapidly that such a course of action is often not available to us.

Personally, I rejoice in that reality because it creates a condition where we, of necessity, are more dependent upon the Spirit to guide us through the vicissitudes of life. Therefore, we are led to seek personal inspiration in life’s important decisions.


I kept Highlighting more and more, and realized I want you to read it all :) So hear is the link


Isn't that powerful. I have moved away from family and friends, to Minnesota. I don't know anyone well enough to seek them out for emulation. I love that he is telling me, that this way is better any way. I can seek the promptings from the spirit to figure out how to be a better mom-wife-person. To figure out how to parent a child or teach a child or love a child.

I really hope you read this talk. Beautiful!
I finished it by the way-and still incredible teachings for our time.

By the way I hope you are all remembering to pray for all the world to be open to receiving the gospel of Jesus Christ. Miracles can occur as we do so.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks Erika! I loved Conference, and Elder Scott's was actually one that I felt especially inspired by.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great quote! I had forgotten this one! I love your posts that touch on spirituality, it's such a boost for me! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Trisha said...

Richard G. Scott's talk was one of my favorites, too! I was deeply moved and affected by his message. Thanks for posting!

arnel_ramos said...

Hi sir..

I just want to ask how many years you became a latter day saints???

Thanks..

Arnel