Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Whom sayest ye that I am?


As I ponder this question, I can't help but be filled with a deep spirit of love. Who is he, Jesus Christ? He is the reason I will conquer death. He is the hope I feel when I loose a loved one. He is the happiness I have when I have another child, because I know through him, I can be with them forever. He is the reason I will never be alone, even in Minnesota :) He is the one who knows me better than any one else, and loves me still. He is the one who atoned for my sins. The spirit that I feel when ever I choose the right, is the spirit that leads me to him. He is hope in a dismal world. Comfort in a sea of sin and wickedness. He is our leader. The one who guides us home. He said I am the bread of life. In 3 Nephi, it said they partook of the sacrament and they were filled. Filled, not because they ate so much but because of what the sacrament represents. Because he gave his body and blood, that he might call us his children, take us into his fold, and lead us safely back to the father. And if we stray, he will find us. He has promised to never leave us. And he has never left me. Who is Jesus? He is the healer, he has promised us that whatever we go through, he has already gone through for us. He took it on, whether we ask it of him or not. He has told us in the doctrine and covenants that his work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. A Perfect God, our Savior, the one who knows us better than anyone else, and his "work and glory" Is our "immortality and Eternal Life". In the Book of Mormon it says, And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins. In a world with so many uncertainties, I know of this one certainty, Our Savior loves us, he has atoned for our sins, and he is the way, the truth, and the light. I hope I can always be found bearing testimony of him in my words, my actions, and my heart. As I leave this testimony, I would love to read your response to the Saviors question, "Whom sayest ye that I am?

No comments: